Pages

Wednesday 30 August 2017

My Art Reflection

In our art exhibition I have decided to do wood carving and I am going to do a reflection on that so here it is.


So this is what we where aiming for something called "Kowhaiwhai Patterns" from Maori origin. So first of we had to sketch what we wanted it to look like.

This is my sketch and after we had to turn it into a stencil.

We had to get a plank of wood and use our stencil to make the pattern. I started painting and here are my results I haven't finished it yet but when I do I will show you guys. 


Thank you for reading my reflection I hope you enjoyed it. Please leave a comment. Thank you


I have finished and here it is












2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing your process(It's much more interesting than mine). I Can't wait to see the finishing results of your art I hope it turns out fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a really clear post about how you do your patterns. Could you add some detail about the tools you used for carving?? It is really useful to see the photos of each stage of your process.

    ReplyDelete